- 25 Bass Over 5lbs
- Secrets And Results!
- Contact-Book Trip
- Best Fishing Knots
- VIP Fishing Club
- How To Choose Guide
- Fishing Techniques
- Fishing Locations
- Alabama Rig
- Pro Tournament Results
- Best Gifts For Bass Fisherman
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report
- Clients Catching Bass
- Lake Okeechobee
- Everglades Holiday Park
- Alligator Alley
- Peacock Bass
- Gator Boys
- The Turtle Man
- Florida Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Best Spots To Bass Fish South Florida
- Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Loxahatchee Bass Fishing
- Curation & Excerpting Policy
John Pate of South Florida bass fishing guides was shocked to hear a new largemouth bass record was set in Montana.
But it’s not the record that shocked him – it’s something about this new record you should know if you want to catch trophy bass.
Here’s what this is all about…
According to Bassmaster – on July 16, 2011 10-year old Garrett Frost caught a largemouth bass that weighed 3.5 lbs. The bass had a red floy tag numbered 5637.
“According to the tag information, this fish was caught and tagged by Phil Rivard in Fennon Slough on October 3, 1997. At that time the fish was 14.2” long and weighed 1.5 lbs.
Cavigli, who keeps up the tag database, says that Rivard, a volunteer for FWP, caught, tagged, and released many largemouth bass in the sloughs of the Flathead River, adding to the age-growth database.
Based on the size of the largemouth bass in 1997 and the age-growth database, Deleray estimates that the fish was probably 5 years old when tagged. Adding that age with how long the tag was in the fish places its age at 19 years old. This may be the oldest confirmed largemouth bass reported in Montana. Most sources place the maximum age at 15 or 16 for largemouth bass in the northern United States. Deleray is contacting other fisheries biologists, and, so far, has not found any records of largemouth bass as old as the Rose Creek Slough bass.”
Here’s what is so shocking about this new record: This is the oldest bass on record… AND IT ONLY WEIGHS 3.5 LBS!!!!
This clearly points out one of the most important factors in catching trophy bass…
You must be fishing were trophy bass live!
Obviously, if you want to catch a giant 10 pound bass – Montana is NOT where you should be wetting your line.
If you are serious about hooking into a real trophy bass… California, Florida and Texas are your best options. Mexico also has great BIG bass fishing – if you are willing to make the trip.
No one can say for sure – but I’d be willing to bet a 19 year old bass in Florida would be very, very. very close to the world record of 22lb 4 oz.
And in case you didn’t know – the world record largemouth bass record was TIED not to long ago.
According to the International Game Fish Association:
“DANIA BEACH, Fla. USA, (January 8, 2010) — After nearly six months of waiting, Japan’s Manabu Kurita is taking his place along side Georgia, USA angler George Perry in the International Game Fish Association’s (IGFA) World Record Games Fishes book as dual holders of the All-Tackle record for largemouth bass each weighing 22 lb 4 oz and caught 77 years apart.
Kurita, 32, of Aichi, Japan, was fishing Biwa that July day using a Deps Sidewinder rod and a Shimano Antares DC7LV reel loaded with 25 lb Toray line when he pitched his bait, a live bluegill, next to a bridge piling. It was Kurita’s first cast to the piling where he had seen a big bass swimming. He only twitched the bait a couple of times before he got bit. After a short, three minute fight he had the fish in the boat.
Kurita was quoted as saying “I knew it was big, but I didn’t know it was that big.”
But big it was. Using certified scales, his fish weighed in at 10.12 kg or 22 lb 4 oz. When measured, the fish had a fork length of 27.2 inches and a girth of 26.7 inches. The IGFA only has line classes up to 20 lb for largemouth bass, so Kurita had no chance at a line class record as well.
Kurita’s fish ties the current record held for over 77 years by Perry who caught his bass on Georgia’s Montgomery Lake, June 2, 1932, near Jacksonville, Georgia. That 22-4 behemoth wonField and Stream Magazine’s big fish contest and 46 years later, when the IGFA took over freshwater records from Field and Stream, it became the All-Tackle record now one of over 1,100 fresh and saltwater species the IGFA monitors.”
The most amazing part of all this is – the bass that tied the world record probably wasn’t as old as the 3.5 lbs Montana bass!!!
And south florida bass fishing guides might have to make a trip to Japan…
Tagged with: bass fishing • bass fishing guide • everglades bass fishing • florida bass fishing • florida bass fishing guides • florida everglades bass fishing • florida everglades bass fishing guides • south florida bass fishing • south florida bass fishing guide • south florida bass fishing guides • world record largemouth bass
John Pate and his clients catching big bass – VIDEO
Click The Like Button!!!
Most Recent Posts
- Lake Okeechobee Bass Fishing Guides Catching HUGE BASS In Only 10 Minutes!!!
- Bass Fishing Lake Okeechobee HUGE Bass Caught In One Hour! VIDEO
- How To Catch Big Bass Lake Okeechobee February March 2013
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Catching 50 Bass Per Day February 2013
- Gator Boys New Season Mississippi VIDEO – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- “TrophyCatch” Program In Florida Offers Prizes For Big Bass
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report Holiday Park Holylands 11-21-12
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report November 16, 2012
- Everglades Holiday Park Bass Fishing Report November 11, 2012
- Meet Ashley And Chris From The Gator Boys Miami Science Day
- Simple Trick To Catch More Bass With Swimbaits And Frogs VIDEO South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Big Catch Program – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report October 8, 2012 Peacock Bass
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Kid’s Bass Fishing Tournament Results Quite Waters
- Catch A Bass In Florida Win $1 Million – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Biggest Python Caught In Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Fisherman Catches 5 Bass On One Cast! South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Killer Whale Almost Kills Trainer At SeaWorld VIDEO – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- What Size Baits Catch Big Bass In The Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- How To Attach Weight For Flipping – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report July 15, 2012
- Alligator Attack In South Florida July 2012 – Bites Arm Off Swimmer
- How To Catch Big Bass In South Florida Everglades July 2012
- Snakehead Smuggler Charged With Two Felonies – Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Bill Dance Catches MONSTER Bass And Let’s It Go VIDEO
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Big Bass In The Everglades VIDEO
- Alligator Attacks In Florida June 2012 – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Peacock Bass Fishing In South Florida Only $250 June 2012 – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Lightning Kills Bass Fisherman Lake Okeechobee – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report June 5, 2012 Peacock Bass Are Biting!
Tags2012 Alabama Rig angler bass fishing bass fishing guide big bass big bass lures big fish everglades everglades bass fishing everglades bass fishing guide everglades bass fishing guides everglades holiday park everglades holiday park bass fishing guide everglades holiday park fishing guide fishing club fishing trip five pound bass florida bass fishing florida bass fishing guides florida everglades bass fishing florida everglades bass fishing guides florida everglades holiday park Gator Boys holiday park john king of the everglades pate John Pate kevin van dam lake Okeechobee lake okeechobee bass fishing guides largemouth bass MONSTER bass night fishing peacock bass fishing guides south florida peacock bass fishing south florida south florida south florida bass fishing south florida bass fishing guide south florida bass fishing guides south florida bass fishing report south florida fishing report south florida peacock bass fishing guides the turtle man the turtle man video trophy bass