- 25 Bass Over 5lbs
- Secrets And Results!
- Contact-Book Trip
- Best Fishing Knots
- VIP Fishing Club
- How To Choose Guide
- Fishing Techniques
- Fishing Locations
- Alabama Rig
- Pro Tournament Results
- Best Gifts For Bass Fisherman
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report
- Clients Catching Bass
- Lake Okeechobee
- Everglades Holiday Park
- Alligator Alley
- Peacock Bass
- Gator Boys
- The Turtle Man
- Florida Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Best Spots To Bass Fish South Florida
- Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Loxahatchee Bass Fishing
- Curation & Excerpting Policy
How To Catch Peacock Bass In South Florida – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides: People travel from all over the United States and world to catch the exotic peacock bass here in South Florida. And there are several really goo reasons why.
Peacock bass are not only beautiful – they are AWESOME fighters. And they are not difficult to catch. If you are in the right spots and fishing with the right techniques.
How To Catch Peacock Bass In South Florida – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
One of the most amazing attributes of the butterfly peacock is that it can be caught readily by novice anglers using live shiners, swimming below a bobber, while pursuing more and larger ones can challenge even the most experienced freshwater anglers. A wide variety of bait, spinning and flycasting equipment, ranging from a simple soda-pop can, 50 feet of monofilament and a hook, to the most-expensive light tackle currently marketed for largemouth bass fishing professionals, can be used to catch this colorful and exciting gamefish.
Basic butterfly peacock bass fishing techniques are similar to those used for the native largemouth bass, but since peacocks rarely eat anything but fish and chase down their food almost exclusively during daylight hours, avoid using non-fish-imitating baits worked slowly or fishing at night. Top-water lures with or without props, fish-imitating crankbaits and flies fished on light tackle (6- to 8-pound test) are all good choices since peacocks tend to be an openwater fighter.
Butterfly peacock bass congregate in shade and around structure provided by bridges, culverts, fallen trees, canal bends, intersections and dead ends. More large fish (those more than 4 pounds) are caught betwee February and May than any other time of year.
Every peacock angler has his secrets as to where and when to fish, including those who have seven to 10 hot spots reachable from shore. These hot spots can be checked easily on the way home from work or in just a few fun-filled hours close to home on a day off.
Source: Florida Wildlife Magazine
Live, small shiners are one of the easiest ways to catch peacock bass in South Florida. And here are a couple tips that will help you catch more peacock bass with shiners.
(1) Use light flourocarbon! A 7ft medium heavy rod with a quality spinning reel is perfect. We like to use 30lb braided line with 8-10lbs flourocarbon leader. If you are fishing in open water you can use a medium rod and 8lbs test flourocarbon.
(2) If you are using a bobber – use one made of cork that is natural cork color. Not those brightly colored plastic one. But most of the time it is best to not use a bobber and “free line” the shiner. Peacocks in South Florida can be smart!
If you want to catch peacock bass in South Florida on lures – try Heddon tiny torpedoes and small gold Rapalas. Both fishing with an erratic, jerky, fast motion. Once again, we use braided line with flourocarbon leader.
How To Catch Peacock Bass In South Florida – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides: If you would like to go peacock bass fishing in South Florida with professional peacock bass fishing guides, John Pate go here: Peacock bass fishing guides in south Florida. Mr. Pate have been a professional bass fishing guide in South Florida and the Florida everglades since 1973 and has been guiding for Peacock bass in South Florida since they were introduced in 1984.
John Pate and his clients catching big bass – VIDEO
Click The Like Button!!!
Most Recent Posts
- Lake Okeechobee Bass Fishing Guides Catching HUGE BASS In Only 10 Minutes!!!
- Bass Fishing Lake Okeechobee HUGE Bass Caught In One Hour! VIDEO
- How To Catch Big Bass Lake Okeechobee February March 2013
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Catching 50 Bass Per Day February 2013
- Gator Boys New Season Mississippi VIDEO – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- “TrophyCatch” Program In Florida Offers Prizes For Big Bass
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report Holiday Park Holylands 11-21-12
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report November 16, 2012
- Everglades Holiday Park Bass Fishing Report November 11, 2012
- Meet Ashley And Chris From The Gator Boys Miami Science Day
- Simple Trick To Catch More Bass With Swimbaits And Frogs VIDEO South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Big Catch Program – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report October 8, 2012 Peacock Bass
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Kid’s Bass Fishing Tournament Results Quite Waters
- Catch A Bass In Florida Win $1 Million – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Biggest Python Caught In Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Fisherman Catches 5 Bass On One Cast! South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Killer Whale Almost Kills Trainer At SeaWorld VIDEO – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- What Size Baits Catch Big Bass In The Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- How To Attach Weight For Flipping – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report July 15, 2012
- Alligator Attack In South Florida July 2012 – Bites Arm Off Swimmer
- How To Catch Big Bass In South Florida Everglades July 2012
- Snakehead Smuggler Charged With Two Felonies – Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Bill Dance Catches MONSTER Bass And Let’s It Go VIDEO
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Big Bass In The Everglades VIDEO
- Alligator Attacks In Florida June 2012 – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Peacock Bass Fishing In South Florida Only $250 June 2012 – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Lightning Kills Bass Fisherman Lake Okeechobee – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report June 5, 2012 Peacock Bass Are Biting!
Tags2012 Alabama Rig angler bass fishing bass fishing guide big bass big bass lures big fish everglades everglades bass fishing everglades bass fishing guide everglades bass fishing guides everglades holiday park everglades holiday park bass fishing guide everglades holiday park fishing guide fishing club fishing trip five pound bass florida bass fishing florida bass fishing guides florida everglades bass fishing florida everglades bass fishing guides florida everglades holiday park Gator Boys holiday park john king of the everglades pate John Pate kevin van dam lake Okeechobee lake okeechobee bass fishing guides largemouth bass MONSTER bass night fishing peacock bass fishing guides south florida peacock bass fishing south florida south florida south florida bass fishing south florida bass fishing guide south florida bass fishing guides south florida bass fishing report south florida fishing report south florida peacock bass fishing guides the turtle man the turtle man video trophy bass