- 25 Bass Over 5lbs
- Secrets And Results!
- Contact-Book Trip
- Best Fishing Knots
- VIP Fishing Club
- How To Choose Guide
- Fishing Techniques
- Fishing Locations
- Alabama Rig
- Pro Tournament Results
- Best Gifts For Bass Fisherman
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report
- Clients Catching Bass
- Lake Okeechobee
- Everglades Holiday Park
- Alligator Alley
- Peacock Bass
- Gator Boys
- The Turtle Man
- Florida Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Best Spots To Bass Fish South Florida
- Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Loxahatchee Bass Fishing
- Curation & Excerpting Policy
Everglades bass fishing guides – Florida’s biggest python has just been caught in the everglades. The monster measured 17.7 feet and was carrying 87 eggs. It looks like burmese pythons have adapted quite well to their new home in the everglades.
According to The Palm Beach Post:
The snake was “initially captured March 6 and returned to the wild days later after being fitted with two radio transmitters and other devices to track its movements. … The snake was recaptured April 19 and euthanized shortly afterward.”
Researchers at Everglades National Park are studying such snakes in an attempt to figure out how to manage them. As thePost adds:
“Pythons have become a huge issue for state wildlife managers. They’re aggressive enough to consume most other species they come into contact with — even deer and alligators. About 1,800 pythons have been removed from the park and nearby areas since 2002.”
According to National Geographic News:
The Everglades is home to a growing population of the invasive Southeast Asian pythons, many of which have either escaped into or been dumped into the wild.
Sometimes adopted as a pet, the Burmese python is one of nine species of constrictor snakes—and about a million individual constrictors—that have been imported into the United States over the past 30 years, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Burmese Python Finding Florida “Ideal”
Florida’s previous biggest-snake record-holder was a 16.8-foot-long (5.12-meter-long) Burmese python. Finding a bigger one “is a great indication that conditions are really perfect for them,” said J.D. Willson, a biologist and snake expert at the University of Arkansas.
Burmese pythons, he said, grow biggest where there’s plentiful food—in captivity, they can reach lengths of up to 20 feet (6 meters).
A Burmese python as big as the new titleholder “should be able to eat any native animal in South Florida”—even Florida panthers, Willson said. And in fact, recent study showed that Burmese pythons are preying on a wide range of native species, some of which happen to be in decline.
No one knows what impact these monstrous pythons will have on the ecosystem in the Florida everglades.
Most people are doom and gloom and think it will be disastrous in the long run. Other’s are more optimistic and say mother nature will find a way to adapt.
We hope the later is true.
John Pate and his clients catching big bass – VIDEO
Click The Like Button!!!
Most Recent Posts
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Big Bass In Just 5 Minutes VIDEO
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Awesome Topwater Action Preview VIDEO
- Lake Okeechobee Bass Fishing Guides Catching HUGE BASS In Only 10 Minutes!!!
- Bass Fishing Lake Okeechobee HUGE Bass Caught In One Hour! VIDEO
- How To Catch Big Bass Lake Okeechobee February March 2013
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Catching 50 Bass Per Day February 2013
- Gator Boys New Season Mississippi VIDEO – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- “TrophyCatch” Program In Florida Offers Prizes For Big Bass
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report Holiday Park Holylands 11-21-12
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report November 16, 2012
- Everglades Holiday Park Bass Fishing Report November 11, 2012
- Meet Ashley And Chris From The Gator Boys Miami Science Day
- Simple Trick To Catch More Bass With Swimbaits And Frogs VIDEO South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Big Catch Program – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report October 8, 2012 Peacock Bass
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Kid’s Bass Fishing Tournament Results Quite Waters
- Catch A Bass In Florida Win $1 Million – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Biggest Python Caught In Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Fisherman Catches 5 Bass On One Cast! South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Killer Whale Almost Kills Trainer At SeaWorld VIDEO – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- What Size Baits Catch Big Bass In The Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- How To Attach Weight For Flipping – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report July 15, 2012
- Alligator Attack In South Florida July 2012 – Bites Arm Off Swimmer
- How To Catch Big Bass In South Florida Everglades July 2012
- Snakehead Smuggler Charged With Two Felonies – Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Bill Dance Catches MONSTER Bass And Let’s It Go VIDEO
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Big Bass In The Everglades VIDEO
- Alligator Attacks In Florida June 2012 – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Peacock Bass Fishing In South Florida Only $250 June 2012 – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
Tags2012 Alabama Rig angler bass fishing bass fishing guide big bass big bass lures big fish everglades everglades bass fishing everglades bass fishing guide everglades bass fishing guides everglades holiday park everglades holiday park bass fishing guide everglades holiday park fishing guide fishing club fishing trip five pound bass florida bass fishing florida bass fishing guides florida everglades bass fishing florida everglades bass fishing guides florida everglades holiday park Gator Boys holiday park john king of the everglades pate John Pate kevin van dam lake Okeechobee lake okeechobee bass fishing guides largemouth bass MONSTER bass night fishing peacock bass fishing guides south florida peacock bass fishing south florida south florida south florida bass fishing south florida bass fishing guide south florida bass fishing guides south florida bass fishing report south florida fishing report south florida peacock bass fishing guides the turtle man the turtle man video trophy bass