- 25 Bass Over 5lbs
- Secrets And Results!
- Contact-Book Trip
- Best Fishing Knots
- VIP Fishing Club
- How To Choose Guide
- Fishing Techniques
- Fishing Locations
- Alabama Rig
- Pro Tournament Results
- Best Gifts For Bass Fisherman
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report
- Clients Catching Bass
- Lake Okeechobee
- Everglades Holiday Park
- Alligator Alley
- Peacock Bass
- Gator Boys
- The Turtle Man
- Florida Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Best Spots To Bass Fish South Florida
- Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Loxahatchee Bass Fishing
- Curation & Excerpting Policy
Celebration Of Life For Spanish Fly Jose Wejebe April 15, 2012 in Dania Beach – The fishing world lost a great fisherman and person recently with the plane crash of the Spanish Fly – Jose Wejebe. But anyone who knew Jose would tell you… he would rather have you celebrate his accomplishments and wonderful life – then mourn over his loss.
That’s why this Saturday, April 15, 2012 there will be a “celebration of life” for Jose Wejebe in Dania Beach Florida.
According to the Miami Herald:
The International Game Fish Association will host a celebration of life at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, April 15, at its Dania Beach headquarters for Jose Wejebe, 54, host of the popular Outdoor Channel television show Spanish Fly. Wejebe died last Friday afternoon when his single-engine plane crashed in Everglades City.
Wejebe, of Summerland Key, had taken off from Everglades Airpark in his Comp Air 8 kit plane and headed north when it crashed on airport property and caught fire about 4:45 p.m., according to Peter Knudson, a spokesman for the National Transportation Safety Board, which is investigating the accident. Wejebe was alone in the aircraft, which could hold six to eight passengers, Knudson said. NTSB investigator Jill Demko went to the scene, and is expected to issue a preliminary report in the next few days.
Wejebe was born in Havana, Cuba, in 1958 and moved to Miami with his family when they fled the Castro regime, according to his website, spanishflytv.com. He developed a love of fishing and the marine environment as a child, and learned from fishing pioneers such as Stu Apte, Flip Pallot and Lefty Kreh. After guiding in the Keys for many years and appearing on Pallot’s show, Walker’s Cay Chronicles, Wejebe was invited to host his own show on ESPN2 in 1995. Spanish Fly relocated to the Outdoor Channel a few years ago, continuing to draw a large audience that enjoyed the host’s low-key, laid-back approach to their favorite sport.
When he wasn’t filming, Wejebe donated fishing trips to charities such as Make A Wish Foundation and Big Brothers/Big Sisters. More than a decade ago, he fished with Christian Goodpaster – a young cystic fibrosis patient – at a Redbone charity tournament in Islamorada. The two became friends, and Wejebe featured a fishing trip with Goodpaster in a 2009 episode of his television show. Goodpaster died at age 24 shortly before the show aired.
Celebration Of Life For Spanish Fly Jose Wejebe April 15, 2012 in Dania Beach – from Jose Wejebe’s website spanishflytv.com:
The fishing community has lost a great angler, icon, and friend. We are deeply saddened by the untimely passing of Jose Wejebe, host of the immensely popular saltwater fishing and fly fishing television show Spanish Fly on the Outdoor Channel. Through his show and his adventures he shared a passion for fishing that touched and inspired anglers around the world.
We would like to invite all family and friends to a Celebration of Life in honor of Jose Wejebe, Sunday April 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM at the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Museum in Dania, Beach Florida. All those who were touched by Jose are welcome to attend.
Sunday, April 15th
1:30pm – 4:30pm
IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame & Musem
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004
John Pate and his clients catching big bass – VIDEO
Click The Like Button!!!
Most Recent Posts
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Big Bass In Just 5 Minutes VIDEO
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Awesome Topwater Action Preview VIDEO
- Lake Okeechobee Bass Fishing Guides Catching HUGE BASS In Only 10 Minutes!!!
- Bass Fishing Lake Okeechobee HUGE Bass Caught In One Hour! VIDEO
- How To Catch Big Bass Lake Okeechobee February March 2013
- Everglades Bass Fishing Guides Catching 50 Bass Per Day February 2013
- Gator Boys New Season Mississippi VIDEO – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- “TrophyCatch” Program In Florida Offers Prizes For Big Bass
- Everglades Bass Fishing Report Holiday Park Holylands 11-21-12
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report November 16, 2012
- Everglades Holiday Park Bass Fishing Report November 11, 2012
- Meet Ashley And Chris From The Gator Boys Miami Science Day
- Simple Trick To Catch More Bass With Swimbaits And Frogs VIDEO South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Big Catch Program – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report October 8, 2012 Peacock Bass
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Kid’s Bass Fishing Tournament Results Quite Waters
- Catch A Bass In Florida Win $1 Million – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Florida’s Biggest Python Caught In Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Fisherman Catches 5 Bass On One Cast! South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- Killer Whale Almost Kills Trainer At SeaWorld VIDEO – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
- What Size Baits Catch Big Bass In The Everglades – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- How To Attach Weight For Flipping – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- South Florida Bass Fishing Report July 15, 2012
- Alligator Attack In South Florida July 2012 – Bites Arm Off Swimmer
- How To Catch Big Bass In South Florida Everglades July 2012
- Snakehead Smuggler Charged With Two Felonies – Snakehead Fishing South Florida
- Bill Dance Catches MONSTER Bass And Let’s It Go VIDEO
- South Florida Bass Fishing Guides – Big Bass In The Everglades VIDEO
- Alligator Attacks In Florida June 2012 – Everglades Bass Fishing Guides
- Peacock Bass Fishing In South Florida Only $250 June 2012 – South Florida Bass Fishing Guides
Tags2012 Alabama Rig angler bass fishing bass fishing guide big bass big bass lures big fish everglades everglades bass fishing everglades bass fishing guide everglades bass fishing guides everglades holiday park everglades holiday park bass fishing guide everglades holiday park fishing guide fishing club fishing trip five pound bass florida bass fishing florida bass fishing guides florida everglades bass fishing florida everglades bass fishing guides florida everglades holiday park Gator Boys holiday park john king of the everglades pate John Pate kevin van dam lake Okeechobee lake okeechobee bass fishing guides largemouth bass MONSTER bass night fishing peacock bass fishing guides south florida peacock bass fishing south florida south florida south florida bass fishing south florida bass fishing guide south florida bass fishing guides south florida bass fishing report south florida fishing report south florida peacock bass fishing guides the turtle man the turtle man video trophy bass